Wednesday, October 21, 2009
My peeps
I miss my mom. I miss "my people". I've tried explaining this to Kasey and he WANTS to get it, but he doesn't. I grew up being surrounded by this awesome, albeit crazy, support system of women. Strong, opinionated, loud, obnoxious, wonderful women. Women who you could get so mad at you'd see red but women you also knew always had your back. Always. I've lived in Tucson for 18 years and these beautiful women still have my back - only now it's from 2000 miles away. And while it's still wonderful, I just miss so many things about having them right there. Having your own cheering section at any event you're participating in, baking at Heidi's, Holli's laugh, sitting in Bridget's den at 11 o'clock at night, my sister's sarcastic wit, Heather's stories, Candy's style, Thanksgiving at my Grandma's - how sad is it that my kids have never had Thanksgiving dinner with my family? But most of all, just the security of being with my mom. My mom is like grilled cheese and tomato soup on a cold day. Comfort, familiar, exactly what is needed. I know, I know... I'm lucky that I get to spend my summer in Michigan and a few weeks there in the fall and winter. I'm grateful for that - I really am. I know that many people don't have that luxury. I understand that I'm blessed to have this awesome husband who loves me and my family and carts me across the country three times a year without complaint. And I know that if I asked, he would move there. But that's just it, as much as I love and need my people, I need Kase more and I know that it would be horribly unfair and selfish of me to ask him to give up a career that he has worked his tail off to establish. So here I sit, missing my family and knowing that I could be with them and yet, I can't. I know there's some divine intervention out there in store for us... we'll just have to wait and see what happens.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I know what you mean. As much as I love it down here I do miss my home. I miss the mountains and I miss the seasons and I miss my siblings terribly. Dave loves it here and he deserves to enjoy where he lives as well. But, man, I keep secretly planning my escape to the mountains!!
ReplyDelete